Cold Sore Serum
Thanks to an innovative and effective delivery device, Herpatch Cold Sore Serum is the specialist in the treatment of cold sores.
Herpatch Cold Sore Serum can be applied easily on the cold sore with the easy to use tube. After a few minutes the white serum forms a protective and transparent film over the blister and together with the ingredients it helps to speed up the healing process. Herpatch Cold Sore Serum treats your cold sore symptoms in every stage of the outbreak.
Everything you need to know about cold sores
What is a cold sore?
A cold sore is the consequence of an infection by the Herpes simplex virus (HSV-1), which causes small blisters on or around the lips. Characteristic for cold sores is a tingling or burning feeling of the infected zone. A blister is formed which causes itching and visible inconveniences can occur for more than a week.
Cold sores can be highly infectious and can infect other parts of your body or another person. The virus can be transmitted from the beginning of the outbreak up and till healing. The transmission of the virus can occur by means of physical contact, but it can also be transmitted from infected objects, such as for instance a glass or a toothbrush.
General research has shown that 80% of the population is a carrier of the HSV-1 virus, and 20% of them regularly suffer from cold sores. Once one has been infected with this virus, it remains in the body for the rest of one's life.
What causes a cold sore?
Cold sores are caused by an initial infection with the Herpes simplex virus (HSV-1). The main triggers of a cold sore outbreak can be due to external and internal causes.
- Emotional stress
- Upset stomach or GI disturbance
- Allergic reactions, including reactions to food
- Minor infections
- Any disease that increases metabolism (e.g. diabetes, hyperthyroidism)
- Presence of a second virus (e.g., common cold, flu)
- Factors that depress the immune system
- Ultraviolet radiation (sunshine, tanning booths)
- Drying of the lips
- Any physical injury
- Dental treatment
Stages of a blister outbreak
Day 1: Tingling (Prodome)
The patient has a burning feeling on or around the lips, nose or chin.
Day 1 - Day 2: Occurrence of blisters (Erythema + Papule)
The area turns red and painful. Clusters of small blisters form, which can grow into 1 large blister.
Day 2 - Day 3: Bursting of the blisters (Vesicles)
This is the most infectious and most painful phase. The blisters burst.
Day 3 - Day 8: Formation of a crust
The crust forms on the small wound. If the crust falls off too soon, then this can lead to bleeding and can cause a burning sensation.
Day 8 – Day 10: Healing
The wound has healed and the fever blisters are gone.
How to treat a cold sore
Nowadays, there are numerous products on the market for combating cold sores. These products include creams, band-aids and pills. Many patients who have problems with cold sores do not use anything, undergoing a painful cycle because they are not satisfied with the current offer of products obtainable from doctors, pharmacies or drugstores. This is why Sylphar developed its revolutionary product: Herpatch Cold Sore Serum, the easy and discrete way of making an end to the unpleasantness that comes with cold sores.
The 15 advantages make of Herpatch Cold Sore Serum the treatment of choice, helping to heal cold sores quickly and without pain.
Herpatch Cold Sore Serum helps to treat cold sores throughout their entire cycle. When applied the moment first tingling is felt on the lips, the application of Herpatch Cold Sore Serum can even help to prevent the occurrence of cold sores!
Everything you need to know about Herpatch Cold Sore Serum
About the serum
Herpatch Cold Sore Serum: The cream that becomes a patch
Herpatch Cold Sore Serum is the innovative and effective way to treat cold sore symptoms easy and fast. Herpatch Cold Sore Serum can be applied easily on the cold sore with the easy to use tube. After a few minutes the white serum forms a protective and transparent film over the blister and together with the ingredients it helps to speed up the healing process. Herpatch Cold Sore Serum treats your cold sore symptoms in every stage of the outbreak.
Herpatch Cold Sore Serum is based on the targeted liquefied film technology. Upon application, it will form a transparent thin but strong solid barrier over the affected area which allows it to create an ideal micro-environment. The ingredients will create a strong, instant protective barrier which will cover the cold sore, caused by the Herpes simplex virus. Its benefits include: reduction of visibility of wound margins, reduction of erythema, pain control and patient comfort.
Besides the film-forming ingredients a number of other substances have been incorporated in Herpatch Cold Sore Serum :
- Active oxygen will accelerate cell renewal, will increase the moisture in the skin and therefore decrease the healing time of cold sore lesions;
- Beta-glucan, aside its property as film-forming agent, is also known to soothe, protect and hydrate the skin, which helps to improve wound healing;
- Sulfated polysaccharides, which are derived from red microalgae, will create an active protective barrier and as such, will help to protect against sunlight exposure;
- Finally, zinc sulphate reduces pain and itching and has an astringent action, which firms, tones and strengthens the skin. Zinc sulfate will therefore also help to accelerate healing of cold sore lesions.
Method of action
|A cold sore breaks out.
|When Herpatch is applied, it forms a protective barrier binding the infectious secretions.
|Active properties work on the cold sore.
|Eventually the cold sore dries out.
Heals in 24h*
Together with the German university of Witten/Herdecke we’ve studied the assessment of the healing time of a cold sore by a clinician. We’ve compared the Herpatch Cold Sore Serum with a standard antiviral topical therapy Acyclovir cream. The assessment of the healing time shows that 75% of the subjects which used Herpatch Cold Sore Serum were in the healing stages after 24 hours of treatment. Besides that, the clinician’s global assessment of Herpatch Cold Sore Serum results into a significantly higher score than Acyclovir cream. Finally Herpatch Cold Sore Serum yields also a good to very good patient acceptability.
*A clinical trial showed that 75% of the patients were in the healing stages.
How to use
- Before use, make sure that your hands are clean and dry.
- Wash or rinse the affected area.
- Gently apply the film forming Serum on the cold sore so that it adequately covers all lesions and a margin of healthy skin surrounding them.
- After a few minutes the white serum forms a protective and transparent film over the cold sore.
- The Serum can be reapplied, if necessary, every 3-4 hours until the cold sore is completely healed. The film can be removed, if necessary, with warm water.
- You can use Herpatch Cold Sore Serum at any stage of the outbreak. However, we suggest applying it at first sign of an outbreak.
The 15 advantages of Herpatch Cold Sore Serum
* A clinical trial showed that 75% of the patients were in the healing stages.